Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 2!


It's about 9:00 AM and I'm chilling at home for a bit before I initiate that long bus commute to work. It usually takes between 40-50 minutes to make it to the office. Luckily, I enjoy the bus quite a bit. The views of Quito are amazing, and I've always been a fan of people watching. Last night was another great adventure. CARE just got two new interns named David and Kelea from Atlanta, so we went out to the Mariscal (La Zona) and then to a bar called Seseribó for Salsa Dancing. I really love them! They're super friendly and enthusiastic about being in Ecuador. This Saturday we're going to Otavalo together so I can pick up those many alpaca blankets that various people in my life have requested. Also, a couple nights ago there was a free choir performance at La Compañía, which is a beautiful church in the historical district of Quito with an almost completely gold interior. I'm sure I'll be able to post some great pictures later with my new friends from work, but for now the above is from the church in old town. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Anna!
I love that we're all blogging. Well, i just started, but that counts, right?

I'm so glad that things are going well. That rainstorm you posted was ridic! I love them though. When they happen here, I open all the windows and just listen to it. So beautiful.

I'm so glad we got to talk on skype the other night. It was so nice to hear your voice! Keep writing, chica!
Loves.
R

JuliannaMargaret said...

ehemmm! I'm pretty sure that is a contraband photo of La Compania!

Seriously though, I'm glad you got away with taking one! I've always wanted photos of that beautiful place!